Raised by parents of the “Greatest Generation,” I grew up in the late 40s and 50s – the youngest of four girls. I’ve been married for over 40 years to my high school sweetheart, claiming three children, their spouses and seven grandchildren as my most valued treasures.
For much of my life I worked in business management, eventually finding my way into ministry. I now work alongside the Sr. Pastor in a sizeable, thriving church. Today I view life from the perspective that the best is always yet to come, which keeps me perched & ready for that next great thing. You might have guessed (and rightly so) that I see life in superlatives.
This week’s featured blog post by Kathleen Flanagan is “The Year to Live Beautifully“
- be of good courage
- let my light shine
- wear the Law of Kindness upon my tongue
- be content without condition
- craft noble plans
- consider & prepare for the Lord’s return
- speak truth-in-love whenever doing so will honor both hearer & the Lord
- walk out my days, face-forward & with confidence
- listen more; speak less
- give everyone the benefit of the doubt
- look for the blessing beneath both sunny & cloudy skies
- never overlook an opportunity to offer hope & encouragement